(In-service Certificate in English Language Teaching).
This course is for teachers who:
- wish to develop their knowledge and skills;
- teach English without any previous ELT training;
- are working in primary/ secondary/tertiary contexts;
- want to review and develop their English Language skills.
ICELT aims to develop:
- language awareness and language use in the classroom;
- planning, teaching and management of learning;
- assessment and evaluation.
The ICELT is recognized and accredited by Cambridge English Teaching Awards. Cambridge English works with international ELT organisations to ensure the acceptance of ICELT globally.
The ICELT is a 150 face-to-face hour taught course.
There are seven units of learning:
- Language knowledge and awareness
- The background to teaching and learning English
- Resources and materials
- Planning and management of teaching and learning
- Evaluation, monitoring and assessment
- Professional development
- Language for teachers
- Four assessed lesson observations
- Four peer observations
- Four tutor observations (while teaching in class)
- Four practical tasks (written 750-1000 words)
- Reading and presentation
- Evaluation of learners spoken language
- Focus on learner’s written language
- Focus on the teacher’s language
- Four language assignments (written 1000-1500)
- Evaluation of teaching
- Planning beyond the lesson
- Evaluating and supplementing materials
- Learners and learning
The candidate(s) will be awarded an overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction after their work has been evaluated by Cambridge English (work will be assessed by Cambridge at the Exam and Review Board). In order to gain the ICELT Certificate Award, the candidate(s) must pass all three components of assessment.
The results are normally announced within a period of 4 months.
PORTAL Education Consultants PK318 Lahore Pakistan is an approved an authorized centre for Cambridge English Assessment (Part of the University of Cambridge).